I’m here to report: This is an auspicious time to be a light-worker. You’re entering a productive time when all manner of opportunities are being offered to you. You have everything you need to take them. You have what it takes to be successful.
I’m going to give you the inside scoop on 3 mistakes you might be making that keep great clients and bushels of cash just out of reach…and how to easily fix all of them.
I feel you. I’ve made all these mistakes and plenty more over the past 16 years as a heart-centered business mentor. I don’t want you to have to struggle to get paid what you’re worth as you share your gifts.
It’s time for the “broke healer” syndrome to end. Now is the time for the empowered healer*coach*visionary leader to rise up, serve at her highest level and be paid well.
But you must align with the law of Giving and Receiving. If you don’t, you may get clients and make money, but you’ll find yourself spending it all or you’ll see the clients drift away. You’ll experience big ups and downs. It will be a struggle to keep your business and your bank account filled up.
You must GIVE and RECEIVE in a balanced way in order for you and your business to thrive and abundance to flow to you.
See if you’re making any of these client turn-off mistakes. (HINT: It’s all about the fruit, babycakes)
MISTAKE #1: You don’t invite your clients in and serve them a glass of lemonade.
THE FIX: Always have something to invite your people to
- Facebook group for a community you lead
- Event: In-person or online group. Live 1-day event. VIP day. Webinar. Master class you’re offering.
- Conversation: a free (hot name) 1-hour session with you
- Invite them to refer others to you. They don’t know you are open to more clients.
Remind your happy clients and fans by saying something like…
I have space for 3 great clients like you. Refer your friends and colleagues to me and I’ll be happy to give them a free 1-hour (hot name) breakthrough session to help them get (XYZ result they want).
MISTAKE #2: You’re Over-Giving
THE FIX: Stop exchanging 100 apples for 5 oranges
- You have apples (juicy stuff: your knowledge, wisdom, skills and expertise)
- They have oranges (money)
- Don’t take their 5 oranges and give them 100 apples.
- Don’t start working with them until they have paid a deposit of at least the first recurring monthly payment. Better yet, give them special pricing to pay in full before they begin. Don’t let your clients fall behind in their payments.
- Give them 5 delicious, shiny Honeycrisp apples. It’s awesome when you’re super proud of what you’re offering them. They see the value, especially when they bite into the first apple. Even more awesome – send them a caramel-dipped apple as soon as they pay (an assessment, book, journal, gift) to get them off to a great start!
MISTAKE #3: You’re taking on your client’s baggage
THE FIX: Aim for Giving 51% and Receiving 49%
- Don’t take their 5 oranges and let them dump their load of distress on you to fix. In other words, don’t let them drive a dump truck up to your front door while you open the door and watch them unload a pile of horse poop on your living room rug.
- Yes, we love to teach and heal and coach. We’re here to serve. We want to help. This is good.
- But you must engage in a dance of give and take that is not driven by the fear that you’re not worthy.
If you let fear guide your choices, you can deplete yourself or create an imbalance.
Do any of these thoughts sound familiar?
I don’t know enough.
They can’t afford what I charge.
They won’t think it was worth what they paid me.
They will ask for a refund.
When these fears are driving the bus, we tend to over-give, thinking we have to provide more, more, more to keep them happy so they will stay with us. It’s not pretty.
Keep it balanced: Aim for a life and business where you’re giving 51% and receiving 49%.
I hope these fixes help you easily course-correct in your business, so you can enjoy oceans of abundance as you live your highest purpose.
Want exclusive content and uplifting inspiration from yours truly?